Price hike due to wrong economic policies: CPI
Erode: The "wrong economic policies" of the UPA government were to blame for the "unbearable" price hike of various commodities, CPI State Secretary D Pandian has
Pandian, who demanded that the Centre change its policies, also said here yesterday that Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse should be punished by the International Court of Justice for alleged war crimes against Lankan Tamils.
The CPI leader also demanded that the Union government take steps to bring back the black money stashed in overseas banks.
Pandiyan said the CPI State Council meeting would be conducted at Chennai from Jul 23 to 26, which would be attended by leaders including CPI General Secretary A B Barthan.
Pandian was here to present a purse of Rs one lakh to senior CPI member Nachimuthu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan