Price rise may figure in CPP meeting
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi
is expected to underline the party`s position on a variety of
issues, including price rise, during its parliamentary party
meeting next week.
Gandhi, who is also the Congress Parliamentary Party
chairperson, will be addressing the general body meeting of
the CPP, which is tentatively fixed on March 4.
Interestingly, no CPP meeting was held during the winter
session of Parliament though it was a month-long affair.
Party has, of late, faced a number of problems,
including Telangana tussle and price rise which led the united
Opposition to launch an onslaught against the government.
Gandhi is also likely to dwell on issues concerning the
party like the 125th anniversary celebrations and the roadmap
for the assembly elections in Bihar later this year.
In her previous CPP address, Gandhi had talked about
absenteeism amongst the MPs. As Question Hour had collapsed in
the winter session, she might also advise the party MPs on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth