Price rise may figure in CPP meeting
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi
is expected to underline the party`s position on a variety of
issues, including price rise, during its parliamentary party
meeting next week.
Gandhi, who is also the Congress Parliamentary Party
chairperson, will be addressing the general body meeting of
the CPP, which is tentatively fixed on March 4.
Interestingly, no CPP meeting was held during the winter
session of Parliament though it was a month-long affair.
Party has, of late, faced a number of problems,
including Telangana tussle and price rise which led the united
Opposition to launch an onslaught against the government.
Gandhi is also likely to dwell on issues concerning the
party like the 125th anniversary celebrations and the roadmap
for the assembly elections in Bihar later this year.
In her previous CPP address, Gandhi had talked about
absenteeism amongst the MPs. As Question Hour had collapsed in
the winter session, she might also advise the party MPs on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon