Prima facie all allegations against Vadra untrue: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday sought to dismiss demands for an inquiry in the wake of reports that Corporation Bank did not provide an overdraft of Rs 7.94 crore to a company controlled by Robert Vadra despite its balance sheet showing it.
"Prima facie all allegations were found to be untrue or incorrect. That is the track record so far......Every private citizen is entitlted to equal protection of law.
"Let us wait and see as earlier allegations were devoid of merit....All these canards will meet the same fate", party spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters.
His response came on being asked whether the AICC considered the statement from the Bank as a serious one which merited an inquiry.
The Opposition has latched upon a statement from the Bank that it did not provide an overdraft to Robert Sky Light Hospitality to demand legal action against Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law, accusing him of `fudging` his company`s balance sheet.
The auditor`s report for Sky Light Hospitality for 2007-2008, submitted to the Registrar of Companies, had claimed that it got an overdraft of Rs 7.94 crore from Corporation Bank`s New Friend`s Colony branch. This document is signed by Vadra and his mother Maureen Vadra.
Reports had it that the Corporation Bank`s statement is certain to complicate matters for Vadra, as the books of his company has shown it utilising Rs 7.41 crore to buy land in Haryana`s Manesar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'