Prima facie all allegations against Vadra untrue: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday sought to dismiss demands for an inquiry in the wake of reports that Corporation Bank did not provide an overdraft of Rs 7.94 crore to a company controlled by Robert Vadra despite its balance sheet showing it.
"Prima facie all allegations were found to be untrue or incorrect. That is the track record so far......Every private citizen is entitlted to equal protection of law.
"Let us wait and see as earlier allegations were devoid of merit....All these canards will meet the same fate", party spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters.
His response came on being asked whether the AICC considered the statement from the Bank as a serious one which merited an inquiry.
The Opposition has latched upon a statement from the Bank that it did not provide an overdraft to Robert Sky Light Hospitality to demand legal action against Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law, accusing him of `fudging` his company`s balance sheet.
The auditor`s report for Sky Light Hospitality for 2007-2008, submitted to the Registrar of Companies, had claimed that it got an overdraft of Rs 7.94 crore from Corporation Bank`s New Friend`s Colony branch. This document is signed by Vadra and his mother Maureen Vadra.
Reports had it that the Corporation Bank`s statement is certain to complicate matters for Vadra, as the books of his company has shown it utilising Rs 7.41 crore to buy land in Haryana`s Manesar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea