Prima facie all allegations against Vadra untrue: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday sought to dismiss demands for an inquiry in the wake of reports that Corporation Bank did not provide an overdraft of Rs 7.94 crore to a company controlled by Robert Vadra despite its balance sheet showing it.
"Prima facie all allegations were found to be untrue or incorrect. That is the track record so far......Every private citizen is entitlted to equal protection of law.
"Let us wait and see as earlier allegations were devoid of merit....All these canards will meet the same fate", party spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters.
His response came on being asked whether the AICC considered the statement from the Bank as a serious one which merited an inquiry.
The Opposition has latched upon a statement from the Bank that it did not provide an overdraft to Robert Sky Light Hospitality to demand legal action against Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law, accusing him of `fudging` his company`s balance sheet.
The auditor`s report for Sky Light Hospitality for 2007-2008, submitted to the Registrar of Companies, had claimed that it got an overdraft of Rs 7.94 crore from Corporation Bank`s New Friend`s Colony branch. This document is signed by Vadra and his mother Maureen Vadra.
Reports had it that the Corporation Bank`s statement is certain to complicate matters for Vadra, as the books of his company has shown it utilising Rs 7.41 crore to buy land in Haryana`s Manesar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi