Prima facie all allegations against Vadra untrue: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday sought to dismiss demands for an inquiry in the wake of reports that Corporation Bank did not provide an overdraft of Rs 7.94 crore to a company controlled by Robert Vadra despite its balance sheet showing it.
"Prima facie all allegations were found to be untrue or incorrect. That is the track record so far......Every private citizen is entitlted to equal protection of law.
"Let us wait and see as earlier allegations were devoid of merit....All these canards will meet the same fate", party spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters.
His response came on being asked whether the AICC considered the statement from the Bank as a serious one which merited an inquiry.
The Opposition has latched upon a statement from the Bank that it did not provide an overdraft to Robert Sky Light Hospitality to demand legal action against Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law, accusing him of `fudging` his company`s balance sheet.
The auditor`s report for Sky Light Hospitality for 2007-2008, submitted to the Registrar of Companies, had claimed that it got an overdraft of Rs 7.94 crore from Corporation Bank`s New Friend`s Colony branch. This document is signed by Vadra and his mother Maureen Vadra.
Reports had it that the Corporation Bank`s statement is certain to complicate matters for Vadra, as the books of his company has shown it utilising Rs 7.41 crore to buy land in Haryana`s Manesar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam