Prime Minister cannot get away citing honesty: BJP
Ahmedabad: BJP on Saturday came down heavily on
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh saying that he cannot cite his
personal honesty when his government has been hit by a series
"The prime minister has presided over the most corrupt
government in the country since independence. He cannot cry
about his honesty," BJP spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad said
here in a reply to a question on what the BJP had to say about
honesty of the Prime Minister.
The people of the country this time will decide on the
basis of what has been done by him while presiding over the
government hit by scams such as 2G, Commonwealth games, Adarsh
housing society and the ISRO deal, Prasad said.
"The prime minister is working like the CEO of a company
whose owners are not taking any responsibility. By owners I
mean Sonia Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi. He is leading a rudderless
ship," he said.
The BJP leader said in the present government "the left
hand does not know what the right hand is doing as on one side
government ministers including Pranab Mukherjee give a red
carpet welcome to Ramdev, while on the other side the home
minister P Chidambaram orders forceful evacuation of him and
his supporters from Ramlila Maidan."
Prasad announced that BJP will launch a nationwide
agitation against the Congress-led UPA from June 23 to 26
protesting against the government`s action of evicting the
yoga guru and his supporters from Ramlila Maidan where they
were sitting on fast.
"As scams after scams are coming out of the closet and
fight against corruption is being waged, the repressive
character of this government is increasingly evident," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price