Prime Minister cannot get away citing honesty: BJP
Ahmedabad: BJP on Saturday came down heavily on
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh saying that he cannot cite his
personal honesty when his government has been hit by a series
"The prime minister has presided over the most corrupt
government in the country since independence. He cannot cry
about his honesty," BJP spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad said
here in a reply to a question on what the BJP had to say about
honesty of the Prime Minister.
The people of the country this time will decide on the
basis of what has been done by him while presiding over the
government hit by scams such as 2G, Commonwealth games, Adarsh
housing society and the ISRO deal, Prasad said.
"The prime minister is working like the CEO of a company
whose owners are not taking any responsibility. By owners I
mean Sonia Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi. He is leading a rudderless
ship," he said.
The BJP leader said in the present government "the left
hand does not know what the right hand is doing as on one side
government ministers including Pranab Mukherjee give a red
carpet welcome to Ramdev, while on the other side the home
minister P Chidambaram orders forceful evacuation of him and
his supporters from Ramlila Maidan."
Prasad announced that BJP will launch a nationwide
agitation against the Congress-led UPA from June 23 to 26
protesting against the government`s action of evicting the
yoga guru and his supporters from Ramlila Maidan where they
were sitting on fast.
"As scams after scams are coming out of the closet and
fight against corruption is being waged, the repressive
character of this government is increasingly evident," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi