Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has no cash, owns a 1996 Maruti car
Guwahati: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh does not have any cash in hand and owns a 1996 Maruti car, unlike many of his colleagues.
This was revealed by the affidavit he submitted to the returning officer in Assam on Wednesday while filing his nomination papers for the forthcoming Rajya Sabha elections.
Manmohan Singh stated that his total annual income is Rs 40,51,964.
The Prime Minister also declared his total movable assets to be worth Rs 3,87,63,188, which include five fixed deposits and three savings accounts.
Besides this, he holds immovable assets valued at Rs 7,52,50,000, which include a residential building in Chandigarh and an apartment in Vasant Kunj in New Delhi.
The 1996 model Maruti car owned by the Prime Minister is valued at just Rs 21,033, revealed the affidavit.
However, the Prime Minister`s wife Gursharan Kaur has Rs 20,000 in cash.
She has movable assets worth Rs 20,31,385, including 150.8 gm gold worth Rs 3,45,332. She has Rs 16,62,570 in a savings account.
Manmohan Singh`s affidavit also mentioned that he is a resident of house No 3989, Nandan Nagar, in Guwahati`s Sarumotoria locality.
Former Assam chief minister late Hiteswar Saikia had rented the house to him in 1991 when Manmohan Singh sought nomination to Rajya Sabha from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly