Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has no cash, owns a 1996 Maruti car
Guwahati: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh does not have any cash in hand and owns a 1996 Maruti car, unlike many of his colleagues.
This was revealed by the affidavit he submitted to the returning officer in Assam on Wednesday while filing his nomination papers for the forthcoming Rajya Sabha elections.
Manmohan Singh stated that his total annual income is Rs 40,51,964.
The Prime Minister also declared his total movable assets to be worth Rs 3,87,63,188, which include five fixed deposits and three savings accounts.
Besides this, he holds immovable assets valued at Rs 7,52,50,000, which include a residential building in Chandigarh and an apartment in Vasant Kunj in New Delhi.
The 1996 model Maruti car owned by the Prime Minister is valued at just Rs 21,033, revealed the affidavit.
However, the Prime Minister`s wife Gursharan Kaur has Rs 20,000 in cash.
She has movable assets worth Rs 20,31,385, including 150.8 gm gold worth Rs 3,45,332. She has Rs 16,62,570 in a savings account.
Manmohan Singh`s affidavit also mentioned that he is a resident of house No 3989, Nandan Nagar, in Guwahati`s Sarumotoria locality.
Former Assam chief minister late Hiteswar Saikia had rented the house to him in 1991 when Manmohan Singh sought nomination to Rajya Sabha from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30