Prime Minister Modi gets strict with BJP MPs over attendance
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is reportedly unhappy with the performance of BJP MPs, especially over poor attendance record of some in Parliament.
Modi has directed Parliamentary Affairs Minsiter Venkaiah Naidu to keep a record of attendance of MPs in both houses of the Parliament.
Another area of concern for Modi is absenteeism during meetings of the party`s parliamentary party, reports said on Wednesday.
In view of a scheduled meeting of the parliamentary party tomorrow, PM Modi has reportedly directed Naidu to seek confirmation from each party MP on WhatsApp messenger. The MPs have to respond with a `Yes` or `No`.
Many MPs have already responded with a `Yes` on their attendance during the meeting. The BJP also plans to create a separate page for its MPs on Facebook.
Following the directive, those MPs who will continue to flout party decorum will get a warning from the Prime Minister himself, reports added.
And, their performance on this front will form part of their `record card`, which may be taken into consideration while the party will look for candidates for important assignments in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened