Prime Minister Modi gets strict with BJP MPs over attendance
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is reportedly unhappy with the performance of BJP MPs, especially over poor attendance record of some in Parliament.
Modi has directed Parliamentary Affairs Minsiter Venkaiah Naidu to keep a record of attendance of MPs in both houses of the Parliament.
Another area of concern for Modi is absenteeism during meetings of the party`s parliamentary party, reports said on Wednesday.
In view of a scheduled meeting of the parliamentary party tomorrow, PM Modi has reportedly directed Naidu to seek confirmation from each party MP on WhatsApp messenger. The MPs have to respond with a `Yes` or `No`.
Many MPs have already responded with a `Yes` on their attendance during the meeting. The BJP also plans to create a separate page for its MPs on Facebook.
Following the directive, those MPs who will continue to flout party decorum will get a warning from the Prime Minister himself, reports added.
And, their performance on this front will form part of their `record card`, which may be taken into consideration while the party will look for candidates for important assignments in future.
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22