Prime suspect in Patna serial blasts has splinters in brain
Patna: There is "little chance" of survival of the prime suspect in the Patna serial blasts as he has splinters in his brain, doctors treating him said on Wednesday.
"He is on life support system," Arun Kumar Singh, Director, Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, where the prime suspect Ainul alias Tarique is admitted, said.
"He has splinters, suspectedly hard iron piece, in his brain and it’s not possible to operate him in this condition," the Director said.
"Neurosurgeons did whatever possible for his treatment," he said.
Asked about chance of his survival, he said, "There is little chance."
Tarique is the prime suspect who was caught while running away from the toilet at platform number 10 of Patna junction after the first bomb exploded there on Sunday, the day BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi addressed a rally here.
Tarique`s companion Imtiaz Ansari, who triggered the first blast, was injured.
Tarique, who was strapping a belt with two bombs round his waist, tried to escape leaving the two bombs in the toilet soon after the first blast.
Some telephone numbers and documents were recovered from him on the basis of which the entire terrorist`s planning was uncovered.
Sources in the hospital said that Tarique was unconscious and not responding to treatment.
The IGIMS Director said that he was brought to the hospital in a very critical condition on Sunday.
Sources said that it was not possible to shift him to any other specialised medical institution outside the state in this condition.
The City Superintendent of police Jayant Kant said the police was keeping a watch over the health condition of Ainul alias Tarique.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview