Prince Charles, wife Camilla to visit Jodhpur
Jodhpur: Prince Charles and wife Camilla Parker Bowles will be on a day visit here on October five to get a glimpse of village lifestyle and water conservation efforts in the region, officials said today.
Apart from interacting with the villagers, the Royal couple will visit the initiatives undertaken by Jal Bhagirathi Foundation towards water harvesting and conservation, they
They will also visit the Maharaja Gaj Singh Jal Sansthan, the head office of the foundation at Bijolai. The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwell are also
scheduled to visit village Tolesar Charnan, which is self reliant in meeting its water needs.
During the day they will pay a visit to the Desert Corps headquarter in Jodhpur. In the evening, the Royal couple will have dinner with the erstwhile ruler of Jodhpur, Gaj Singh at Bal Samand heritage resort.
The Prince of Wales had first visited the city in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!