Prince Mohsin Ali Khan awarded in UK
London: Prince Mohsin Ali Khan, a member of the erstwhile ruling family of the princely state of Hyderabad, has been honoured for his contribution to world peace and charity.
Khan, chairman of World Peace and Prosperity Foundation, was awarded at the Foundation`s annual award celebration in the presence of Lord Pearson of Rannoch and Frances Stainton, Mayor of Hammersmith and Fulham.
Other recipients of the awards included Zahid Ali Khan, proprietor and chief editor of Siasat, a daily published in Hyderabad, for his services to humanity and India.
Osman Shaheed - who served the Indian Air Force before he wrote eight books on legal issues, including protecting women`s rights in marriage and founded a home for disabled and aged people in Hyderabad - was another recipient of the award.
Other recipients included Minnaj Ahmed Khan, chairman, Non Resident Indian Club International and chairman, Chaitanya Seva Trust, Carl Lindley, chief inspector for his work promoting interfaith activities, Camilla Bagman Gheildi for services to children and young people, Zerbanno Gifford, well-known philanthropist running the Asha Institute and Centre, UK, a charity and Ed Parker and Fergus Williams for charity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections