Prince Mohsin Ali Khan awarded in UK
London: Prince Mohsin Ali Khan, a member of the erstwhile ruling family of the princely state of Hyderabad, has been honoured for his contribution to world peace and charity.
Khan, chairman of World Peace and Prosperity Foundation, was awarded at the Foundation`s annual award celebration in the presence of Lord Pearson of Rannoch and Frances Stainton, Mayor of Hammersmith and Fulham.
Other recipients of the awards included Zahid Ali Khan, proprietor and chief editor of Siasat, a daily published in Hyderabad, for his services to humanity and India.
Osman Shaheed - who served the Indian Air Force before he wrote eight books on legal issues, including protecting women`s rights in marriage and founded a home for disabled and aged people in Hyderabad - was another recipient of the award.
Other recipients included Minnaj Ahmed Khan, chairman, Non Resident Indian Club International and chairman, Chaitanya Seva Trust, Carl Lindley, chief inspector for his work promoting interfaith activities, Camilla Bagman Gheildi for services to children and young people, Zerbanno Gifford, well-known philanthropist running the Asha Institute and Centre, UK, a charity and Ed Parker and Fergus Williams for charity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa