Prithvi-2 likely to be test fired tomorrow
Balasore: India`s highly
sophisticated and nuclear capable short range ballistic
missile (SRBM) "Prithvi-2" is likely to be test-fired on Monday from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur near here.
"The test will be part of the user`s trial. It will be
conducted by a special contingent raised by the Indian army",
sources in Defence Research and Development Organisation
(DRDO) said today.
"Range preparation in the ITR complex has reached the
final stage for the trial and if everything proceeds in the
right direction, the exercise would be carried out tomorrow",
the sources said.
"Prithvi-2 missile is single stage liquid propelled and is
equipped with inertial navigation system. The missile is about
9 metre in length and 1 metre in width. The missile can carry
conventional or nuclear warheads.
With an extended range of 350 km, the state-of-the-art
surface-to-surface Prithvi missile has already been inducted
into the armed forces.
The last trial of `Prithvi-2` was conducted on April
15, this year from the ITR at Chandipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them