Private jet carrying BJP leaders makes emergency landing
New Delhi: A private jet carrying BJP President Rajnath Singh and senior leaders Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley made an emergency landing on Monday at Delhi airport after it developed problems in its auto-pilot system.
The BJP leaders were flying to Bangalore to address an election rally there but the plane made an emergency landing nine minutes after taking off this morning, sources told a news agency here.
They added that all the passengers on-board the aircraft are safe and may fly to Bangalore if alternate arrangements are made.
The turbine powered Challenger jet is owned by a Mumbai- based company called Eon Aviation. It is a nine-seater plane with the call sign of VT-DBG, ATC sources said.
The pilot detected the problem in aircraft`s auto-pilot system after taking off and immediately sought ATC`s permission to land under emergency conditions, they said.
BJP general secretary Dharmendra Pradhan and Joint General Secretary (Organisation) V Satish were also on-board the aircraft when the incident took place.
ATC sources said the pilot took the correct action of landing the aircraft after the problem was detected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read