Priyanka Gandhi in party meetings not new: Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday sought to downplay the participation of Priyanka Gandhi in a Congress party meeting recently, saying this was "not new."
"This is not new. She has been doing it...Attending party meetings. She is a part of Congress party, she is a leader of Congress party," Shinde told reporters here.
Shinde said that during 1998-99, he and Priyanka used to tour together in constituencies and also for the campaign of Congress President and her mother Sonia Gandhi.
Priyanka had created a flutter when she attended a meeting of top Congress leaders in the residence of her brother Rahul Gandhi, triggering speculation whether she is in for a major role ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what