Priyanka Gandhi takes up new political role
New Delhi: After a long break from politics, Priyanka Gandhi is back in a new role in the Congress party.
The Gandhi scion has been entrusted with the responsibility to look after the constituency affairs in Rae Bareli in absence of her mother Sonia Gandhi, sources in the Congress informed.
In addition, Priyanka will hold Janata Darbar in Delhi, party sources added.
It should be noted that Priyanka Gandhi campaigned for Congress in 2012 Uttar Pradesh elections.
She had earlier campaigned in the Amethi and Rae Bareli Lok Sabha constituency during the 2009 general elections for his mother and brother Rahul Gandhi respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof