Priyanka Gandhi takes up new political role
New Delhi: After a long break from politics, Priyanka Gandhi is back in a new role in the Congress party.
The Gandhi scion has been entrusted with the responsibility to look after the constituency affairs in Rae Bareli in absence of her mother Sonia Gandhi, sources in the Congress informed.
In addition, Priyanka will hold Janata Darbar in Delhi, party sources added.
It should be noted that Priyanka Gandhi campaigned for Congress in 2012 Uttar Pradesh elections.
She had earlier campaigned in the Amethi and Rae Bareli Lok Sabha constituency during the 2009 general elections for his mother and brother Rahul Gandhi respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why