Priyanka Gandhi takes up new political role
New Delhi: After a long break from politics, Priyanka Gandhi is back in a new role in the Congress party.
The Gandhi scion has been entrusted with the responsibility to look after the constituency affairs in Rae Bareli in absence of her mother Sonia Gandhi, sources in the Congress informed.
In addition, Priyanka will hold Janata Darbar in Delhi, party sources added.
It should be noted that Priyanka Gandhi campaigned for Congress in 2012 Uttar Pradesh elections.
She had earlier campaigned in the Amethi and Rae Bareli Lok Sabha constituency during the 2009 general elections for his mother and brother Rahul Gandhi respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!