Priyanka Gandhi takes up new political role
New Delhi: After a long break from politics, Priyanka Gandhi is back in a new role in the Congress party.
The Gandhi scion has been entrusted with the responsibility to look after the constituency affairs in Rae Bareli in absence of her mother Sonia Gandhi, sources in the Congress informed.
In addition, Priyanka will hold Janata Darbar in Delhi, party sources added.
It should be noted that Priyanka Gandhi campaigned for Congress in 2012 Uttar Pradesh elections.
She had earlier campaigned in the Amethi and Rae Bareli Lok Sabha constituency during the 2009 general elections for his mother and brother Rahul Gandhi respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP