Priyanka Gandhi takes up new political role
New Delhi: After a long break from politics, Priyanka Gandhi is back in a new role in the Congress party.
The Gandhi scion has been entrusted with the responsibility to look after the constituency affairs in Rae Bareli in absence of her mother Sonia Gandhi, sources in the Congress informed.
In addition, Priyanka will hold Janata Darbar in Delhi, party sources added.
It should be noted that Priyanka Gandhi campaigned for Congress in 2012 Uttar Pradesh elections.
She had earlier campaigned in the Amethi and Rae Bareli Lok Sabha constituency during the 2009 general elections for his mother and brother Rahul Gandhi respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez