Priyanka Gandhi to play crucial role for Congress in 2014 elections
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With the Congress making it clear that party vice-president Rahul Gandhi, though not being officially anointed the prime ministerial candidate, will lead the pre-election campaign for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the question now is: what role will his sister Priyanka Gandhi play?
As per sources, Priyanka – in whom many Congress leaders and party supporters see a future PM -
is likely to play a crucial role in devising poll strategy, away from media glare.
She is expected to take charge of backroom management of Rahul Gandhi`s campaign. With Rahul as the face of Congress in 2014 polls, Priyanka`s task becomes all the more important.
Sources said Priyanka features on the Congress’ poll strategy document, Vision 2014, as well.
Her main tasks, apart from managing brother Rahul`s poll affairs, include providing key inputs for election strategy management and galvanising the party cadre.
Priyanka has reportedly already been holding meetings with key Congress functionaries, including Youth Congress leaders.
If reports are to be believed, Rahul`s speech at the January 17 AICC session – considered to be one of his best so far – was prepared in consultation with Priyanka.
Just two days before, on January 15, Priyanka had attended a key Congress meeting where brother Rahul and mother Sonia were present along with some select party leaders.
While the Congress has officially stated that Priyanka`s role in the 2014 elections will be restricted only to campaigning in Raebareli and Amethi, murmurs are already there that she is getting ready for a wider, more meaningful say in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested