Priyanka Gandhi to play crucial role for Congress in 2014 elections
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With the Congress making it clear that party vice-president Rahul Gandhi, though not being officially anointed the prime ministerial candidate, will lead the pre-election campaign for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the question now is: what role will his sister Priyanka Gandhi play?
As per sources, Priyanka – in whom many Congress leaders and party supporters see a future PM -
is likely to play a crucial role in devising poll strategy, away from media glare.
She is expected to take charge of backroom management of Rahul Gandhi`s campaign. With Rahul as the face of Congress in 2014 polls, Priyanka`s task becomes all the more important.
Sources said Priyanka features on the Congress’ poll strategy document, Vision 2014, as well.
Her main tasks, apart from managing brother Rahul`s poll affairs, include providing key inputs for election strategy management and galvanising the party cadre.
Priyanka has reportedly already been holding meetings with key Congress functionaries, including Youth Congress leaders.
If reports are to be believed, Rahul`s speech at the January 17 AICC session – considered to be one of his best so far – was prepared in consultation with Priyanka.
Just two days before, on January 15, Priyanka had attended a key Congress meeting where brother Rahul and mother Sonia were present along with some select party leaders.
While the Congress has officially stated that Priyanka`s role in the 2014 elections will be restricted only to campaigning in Raebareli and Amethi, murmurs are already there that she is getting ready for a wider, more meaningful say in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm