Pro-Telangana advocates to march to Parliament on Feb 22
Hyderabad: About 5,000 advocates from
Telangana region will take out a rally in front of Parliament
on February 22 in support of separate Telangana state.
Telangana Advocates Joint Action Committee (TAJAC)
convenor M Rajender Reddy, told reporters that the lawyers
who are leaving by a special train on February 20 to New Delhi
will also mobilise pro-Telangana political parties and legal
fraternity in Delhi to support its demand for tabling a Bill
for creation of Telangana State.
"The setting up of Sri Krishna committee by the Union
Government is an `eye wash` and we demand that a Bill in
Parliament is the only solution to the problem," he said.
All the necessary arrangements have been made to take
out a rally on February 22 and to stage a `sit-in` at Jantar
Mantar the same evening, he said.
Reddy who is also member Bar Council of India
criticised the state government in suppressing the popular
agitation through "violent force" and demanded immediate
withdrawal of all police forces from Universities in
A poster depicting the Telangana struggle and slogans
was released at the press meet which was attended by large
number of senior advocates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid