Pro-Telangana advocates to march to Parliament on Feb 22
Hyderabad: About 5,000 advocates from
Telangana region will take out a rally in front of Parliament
on February 22 in support of separate Telangana state.
Telangana Advocates Joint Action Committee (TAJAC)
convenor M Rajender Reddy, told reporters that the lawyers
who are leaving by a special train on February 20 to New Delhi
will also mobilise pro-Telangana political parties and legal
fraternity in Delhi to support its demand for tabling a Bill
for creation of Telangana State.
"The setting up of Sri Krishna committee by the Union
Government is an `eye wash` and we demand that a Bill in
Parliament is the only solution to the problem," he said.
All the necessary arrangements have been made to take
out a rally on February 22 and to stage a `sit-in` at Jantar
Mantar the same evening, he said.
Reddy who is also member Bar Council of India
criticised the state government in suppressing the popular
agitation through "violent force" and demanded immediate
withdrawal of all police forces from Universities in
A poster depicting the Telangana struggle and slogans
was released at the press meet which was attended by large
number of senior advocates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing