Pro-Telangana agitation to continue till state is formed: JAC
Hyderabad: The pro-Telangana agitation would
continue till a bill is passed in Parliament for the formation
of a separate state, all-party Telangana Joint Action
Committee (JAC) said here today.
"The agitation will continue till a bill for the
formation of separate Telangana state is passed in
Parliament," JAC convener C Kodandaram told reporters during a
human chain organised in the city.
The human chain was formed from L B Nagar in Hyderabad to
Kodada in Nalgonda district as part of the week-long protests
being organised by the JAC.
"The objective of the human chain is to show that the
people of Telangana are united in demanding the separate
state," Kodandaram said.
Telugu Desam Party legislator M Narasimhulu said the Sri
Krishna committee appointed by the Centre to go into the issue
should be only for the formation of separate state.
The Centre has appointed the five-member committee,
headed by former Supreme Court judge B N Srikrishna, but its
terms of reference have not yet been announced.
The JAC organised community kitchen on the Hyderabad-
Warangal highway and also Adilabad district highway yesterday.
The week-long protests would continue till February 7.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know