Pro-Telangana outfits threaten to stall movies supporting UAP
Hyderabad: With certain pro-Telangana
organisations issuing threats to stall movies of film
personalities who are supporting united Andhra (including
`Adurs` starring Jr NTR), the state DGP on Tuesday directed
authorities to ensure smooth exhibition of the film.
The recently formed Telangana Universities Students
Joint Action Committee said it would obstruct screening the
Telugu movies of all those actors who are supporting for a
united Andhra Pradesh including `Adurs` film, even as Kavita,
daughter of Telangana Rashtra Samiti chief K Chandrasekhar Rao
also threatened to stall the exhibition of the same movie.
Kavita, who heads TRS` cultural wing Telangana Jagruti,
threatened to disrupt screening of `Adurs`--scheduled for
release on Sankranti fest by staging protests in front of the
cinema halls in Telangana region, seeking a clear stand of the
actor over separate Telangana state.
The Director General of Police R R Girish Kumar, after
reviewing the situation issued specific instructions to the
Commissioners of Police and Superintendents of Police to
collect intelligence and take steps as necessary, to ensure
smooth exhibition of the film and to prevent untoward
The DGP also instructed for deployment of adequate
police force at the theatres screening the movie `Adurs` to
ensure safety of cinemagoers and others.
The matter, with regard to providing protection for
the exhibition of the film `Adurs` in Telangana region, came
up before the Andhra Pradesh High Court today, which directed
the police department to discharge its responsibilities as per
law and take action against the miscreants.
Police department is duty bounded to take similar
action with regard to screening of other films also, it said.
Meanwhile, a case was registered against some
activists who burnt the banners of the film `Adurs`, in front
of a theatre under Saroornagar Police Station limits here
today, and some of the miscreants were also arrested, a
release from the DGP`s office said tonight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says