Pro-Vastanvi leader`s unit dismissed
Muzaffarnagar: The confrontation between
pro and anti-Vastanvi groups of Darul-Uloom Deoband continues
with the dismissal of Maulana Badruddin Ajmal-led Assam wing
of Jamiat Ulema-I-Hind.
Maulana Ajmal, a member of managing committee of Darul
Uloom Deoband, had supported former Deoband chief Maulana
Vastani during the selection, sources said.
The Deoband`s national executive committee dismissed
the Assam unit of Jamiat Ulema-I-Hind, they added.
The managing committee of Deoband has convened on
February 23 to decide the fate of Maulana Ghulam Vastanvi, who
has offered to resign after his comments on Gujart sparked a
Vastanvi, who is in Gujarat, will reach here before
the meeting at Deoband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Cycling: Yates attacks to win Vuelta sixth stage
- Rio Olympics fallout: Swimmer Ryan Lochte charged over false robbery claim
- Donald Trump`s anti-immigration stance spurs surge from Central America
- Israel rejects UN appeal to release Gaza employee
- Nicolas Sarkozy tells comeback rally he would ban burkini across France