Pro-Vastanvi leader`s unit dismissed
Muzaffarnagar: The confrontation between
pro and anti-Vastanvi groups of Darul-Uloom Deoband continues
with the dismissal of Maulana Badruddin Ajmal-led Assam wing
of Jamiat Ulema-I-Hind.
Maulana Ajmal, a member of managing committee of Darul
Uloom Deoband, had supported former Deoband chief Maulana
Vastani during the selection, sources said.
The Deoband`s national executive committee dismissed
the Assam unit of Jamiat Ulema-I-Hind, they added.
The managing committee of Deoband has convened on
February 23 to decide the fate of Maulana Ghulam Vastanvi, who
has offered to resign after his comments on Gujart sparked a
Vastanvi, who is in Gujarat, will reach here before
the meeting at Deoband.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan