Probe into Air India Express crash begins
Mangalore: The five-member Central team,
appointed to probe the May 22 Air India Express crash near
here, began their formal proceedings into the mishap, which
claimed 158 lives.
The team called in Mohd Sameer Maroor, one of the eye
witnesses to the crash and who alerted police control room,
and recorded his statement today, official sources said.
The Inquiry Committee headed by retired Air Marshal
Neelakanta S Gokhale had recorded the statement of 20 persons,
including staff members of Air India yesterday, they said.
The central team also interacted with flight dispatcher
Sameer and others yesterday.
According to sources, the team was expected to analyse
later in the day the conversation between the ATC staff and
the flight captain before the Air India Express Boeing 737-800
plunged into the Kunjaru valley, overshooting the tabletop
runway minutes after landing at Bajpe airport.
The team would continue the probe tomorrow, the sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears