Probe into Air India Express crash begins
Mangalore: The five-member Central team,
appointed to probe the May 22 Air India Express crash near
here, began their formal proceedings into the mishap, which
claimed 158 lives.
The team called in Mohd Sameer Maroor, one of the eye
witnesses to the crash and who alerted police control room,
and recorded his statement today, official sources said.
The Inquiry Committee headed by retired Air Marshal
Neelakanta S Gokhale had recorded the statement of 20 persons,
including staff members of Air India yesterday, they said.
The central team also interacted with flight dispatcher
Sameer and others yesterday.
According to sources, the team was expected to analyse
later in the day the conversation between the ATC staff and
the flight captain before the Air India Express Boeing 737-800
plunged into the Kunjaru valley, overshooting the tabletop
runway minutes after landing at Bajpe airport.
The team would continue the probe tomorrow, the sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE