Probe into cash-for-vote should be impartial: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday said the
cash-for-vote scam is being finally investigated after three
years due to the Supreme Court`s intervention and demanded an
impartial probe into it, warning the government against acting
as the "murderer, munsif and witness" in the case.
"After three years the cash-for-vote scam is being
finally investigated. But the government cannot be the
murderer, munsif (magistrate) and witness all rolled into
one... The government should not be allowed to make attempts
to cover-up the case and strict action should be taken against
the guilty," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He insisted that the probe outcome till now has
vindicated BJP`s stand on the floor of Parliament that MPs
were sold and bought. "This has been exposed now," he said.
However, the party maintained that it could not trust
any investigation carried out under the Congress.
"We dismiss any probe done under the Congress
government.... Only a probe monitored by the Supreme Court is
bearing results. The people are also monitoring this case,"
Suhail Hindustani, once close to the BJP, was
interrogated by Delhi police earlier this week for his role in
the cash-for-vote scam in which three BJP MPs were allegedly
offered money to vote for UPA-I during the July, 2008 trust
vote. He has now been sent to jail.
The Supreme Court had pulled up Delhi police for the
slow pace of investigations into the matter. Soon thereafter
Sanjiv Saxena, said to be a close associate of former SP
leader Amar Singh, was arrested in the case. Hindustani was
the next one to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read