Probe into cash-for-vote should be impartial: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday said the
cash-for-vote scam is being finally investigated after three
years due to the Supreme Court`s intervention and demanded an
impartial probe into it, warning the government against acting
as the "murderer, munsif and witness" in the case.
"After three years the cash-for-vote scam is being
finally investigated. But the government cannot be the
murderer, munsif (magistrate) and witness all rolled into
one... The government should not be allowed to make attempts
to cover-up the case and strict action should be taken against
the guilty," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He insisted that the probe outcome till now has
vindicated BJP`s stand on the floor of Parliament that MPs
were sold and bought. "This has been exposed now," he said.
However, the party maintained that it could not trust
any investigation carried out under the Congress.
"We dismiss any probe done under the Congress
government.... Only a probe monitored by the Supreme Court is
bearing results. The people are also monitoring this case,"
Suhail Hindustani, once close to the BJP, was
interrogated by Delhi police earlier this week for his role in
the cash-for-vote scam in which three BJP MPs were allegedly
offered money to vote for UPA-I during the July, 2008 trust
vote. He has now been sent to jail.
The Supreme Court had pulled up Delhi police for the
slow pace of investigations into the matter. Soon thereafter
Sanjiv Saxena, said to be a close associate of former SP
leader Amar Singh, was arrested in the case. Hindustani was
the next one to be arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know