Probe into lapse in security during PM`s Thrissur visit
Thiruvananthapuram: Police have begun a
probe into an apparent security lapse during Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh`s visit to Thrissur on December 25 when a
private car from a by-lane almost ran into the main road
through which the Prime Minister`s convoy was moving.
"Policemen were posted there and it should not have
happened. A report has been sought on how the lapse occurred,"
DGP Jacob Punnoose said here.
However, he said the car, driven by a local man, had not
reached anywhere near the Prime Minister`s car. The pilot
vehicles of the convoy noticed the car and turned it away.
The convoy had to be halted for one minute, he said.
On enquiry, it was found that the man was going to a
The convoy was proceeding from Kuttanellur helipad to
Thrissur town hall where the prime minister paid homage to
veteran Congress leader K Karunakaran.
The six-km road between Kuttanellur and town hall had
been blocked by the police for the safe passage of the convoy.
However, when it reached Nadathara junction, the private car
ran into the main road causing embarrassment to the SPG and
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3