‘Probe nexus between bureaucrats, pvt coal cos’
New Delhi: Concerned over a large number of officials joining private companies after retirement, a Parliamentary panel today asked the government to probe the "unholy nexus" between bureaucrats and the companies which were allocated coal blocks.
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Coal and Steel, headed by Trinamool Congress leader Kalyan Banerjee, named three top officials who joined private firms after retirement.
The officials named by the Committee are former Power Secretary R V Shahi -- an independent director of Jindal Steel and Power, former Chief Secretary of Jharkhand P P Sharma joining Abhijeet Group and former Coal India Chairman N C Jha joining Monnet Energy and Ispat.
The Committee, however, did not go into the merits of whether these officers had violated government norms while joining the private companies.
But, it expressed anguish over no inquiry being conducted on the issue by the Coal Ministry in past.
"The Committee fail to understand as to why no inquiry has been conducted so far to expose the unholy nexus between such bureaucrats and coal companies who have been alloted captive coal blocks," said the Committee report tabled in Parliament.
It also said that the officers in the ministries and PSUs "directly or indirectly connected with the allotment of coal blocks joining the private mining companies after their retirement raises serious doubts about their being impartial when they were associated with the process of allotment of coal blocks".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook