Probe on appearance of mysterious object over refinery: Govt
New Delhi: Central security agencies are looking into appearance of a mysterious illumination object over the Jamnagar oil refinery in Gujarat, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
"The matter (appearance of a mysterious illumination object) is being investigated by the local police and central security agencies, and it has been reported that the object could be a meteorological balloon or a `Chinese sky lantern` etc," Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran told the Lok Sabha in a written reply.
He said various steps, including periodic audit, are carried out by central security agencies to ensure safety of important installations.
"Security agencies also carry out periodic security audit and make recommendations for strengthening security. Advisories, based on these recommendations and other inputs, are also issued from time to time to authorities concerned," Ramachandran said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites