Probe ordered into reports of hacking of DRDO computers
New Delhi: Reports suggesting that the computers of highly-sensitive Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) have been hacked have created a flutter in the Government which today ordered a probe into the issue.
According to media reports, Chinese hackers have had access to some sensitive information.
When asked about it, Defence Minister A K Antony said, "Intelligence agencies are investigating the matter at this stage and I do not want to say anything else."
The Minister was asked if the DRDO computer networks containing sensitive information were hacked and if information was compromised.
The Defence Minister later asked Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma to inquire into the matter and submit a report, Ministry sources said here.
Commenting on the issue, DRDO spokesperson Ravi Gupta said, "As per available information, no incidence of breach of security of DRDO`s computers has come to notice. Appropriate measures are in place for safety and security of computer systems."
In the past also, such incidents have occurred and the Defence Ministry has taken several actions to stop the hacking of sensitive information pertaining to armed forces.
Recently, the Navy had to take action against some of its officers in the Eastern Command after their networks were hacked as they did not follow the standard operating procedures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says