Probe ordered into reports of hacking of DRDO computers
New Delhi: Reports suggesting that the computers of highly-sensitive Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) have been hacked have created a flutter in the Government which today ordered a probe into the issue.
According to media reports, Chinese hackers have had access to some sensitive information.
When asked about it, Defence Minister A K Antony said, "Intelligence agencies are investigating the matter at this stage and I do not want to say anything else."
The Minister was asked if the DRDO computer networks containing sensitive information were hacked and if information was compromised.
The Defence Minister later asked Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma to inquire into the matter and submit a report, Ministry sources said here.
Commenting on the issue, DRDO spokesperson Ravi Gupta said, "As per available information, no incidence of breach of security of DRDO`s computers has come to notice. Appropriate measures are in place for safety and security of computer systems."
In the past also, such incidents have occurred and the Defence Ministry has taken several actions to stop the hacking of sensitive information pertaining to armed forces.
Recently, the Navy had to take action against some of its officers in the Eastern Command after their networks were hacked as they did not follow the standard operating procedures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!