Probe team quizzes school authorities which expelled Ruchika
Chandigarh: An investigation team on Saturday questioned the principal of a local school which expelled Ruchika Girhotra who was molested by a former top police official of Haryana in 1990.
Chandigarh sub-divisional magistrate Parena Puri met the authorities of Sacred Heart School, including principal Sister Sebastian, for several hours.
Ruchika`s father Subhash Chandra Gihrotra had alleged former Haryana DGP S P S Rathore, who molested the budding tennis player and got away with a light punishment of six months for the crime, used his clout to get her expelled from her school.
Puri, who had yesterday questioned the complainant in the molestation case Madhu Parkash and recorded her statements and that of her daughter Aradhna at their Panchkula residence, quizzed the school authorities at length this evening and sought details of her expulsion in September 1990.
The team is understood to have sought documents relating to Ruchika`s expulsion, the accounts books and attendance register of the school because the school has claimed that she was expelled due to non-payment of fees for six months from April 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj