Probe team quizzes school authorities which expelled Ruchika
Chandigarh: An investigation team on Saturday questioned the principal of a local school which expelled Ruchika Girhotra who was molested by a former top police official of Haryana in 1990.
Chandigarh sub-divisional magistrate Parena Puri met the authorities of Sacred Heart School, including principal Sister Sebastian, for several hours.
Ruchika`s father Subhash Chandra Gihrotra had alleged former Haryana DGP S P S Rathore, who molested the budding tennis player and got away with a light punishment of six months for the crime, used his clout to get her expelled from her school.
Puri, who had yesterday questioned the complainant in the molestation case Madhu Parkash and recorded her statements and that of her daughter Aradhna at their Panchkula residence, quizzed the school authorities at length this evening and sought details of her expulsion in September 1990.
The team is understood to have sought documents relating to Ruchika`s expulsion, the accounts books and attendance register of the school because the school has claimed that she was expelled due to non-payment of fees for six months from April 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video