Problem in upkeep of Tatra trucks: Def Ministry
New Delhi: With procurement of Tatra trucks put on hold, the Defence Ministry is facing problems in maintenance of over 7,000 of these vehicles in the armed forces and is likely to seek advice from the Law Ministry in this regard.
The Ministry is likely to seek the opinion of the Law Ministry on how it should go about the maintenance of Tatra trucks as supply of all-terrain vehicles from the UK-based company has been put on hold because of a CBI probe into alleged irregularities in their purchase, sources told a news agency.
After getting the view of the Law Ministry, a final decision on the issue may be taken by the Ministry`s Defence Acquisition Council, they said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city