Problem in upkeep of Tatra trucks: Def Ministry
New Delhi: With procurement of Tatra trucks put on hold, the Defence Ministry is facing problems in maintenance of over 7,000 of these vehicles in the armed forces and is likely to seek advice from the Law Ministry in this regard.
The Ministry is likely to seek the opinion of the Law Ministry on how it should go about the maintenance of Tatra trucks as supply of all-terrain vehicles from the UK-based company has been put on hold because of a CBI probe into alleged irregularities in their purchase, sources told a news agency.
After getting the view of the Law Ministry, a final decision on the issue may be taken by the Ministry`s Defence Acquisition Council, they said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Brahmos missiles deployment in Arunachal: India can do more for peace, rather than contrary, says China
- Iraq forces retake key town south of Mosul
- Pak asks world community to play role to resolve Kashmir issue
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams goes click-click as US National Park Service celebrates centennial!
- Fire alarm forces AI to divert Mumbai-Newark flight