Problem in upkeep of Tatra trucks: Def Ministry
New Delhi: With procurement of Tatra trucks put on hold, the Defence Ministry is facing problems in maintenance of over 7,000 of these vehicles in the armed forces and is likely to seek advice from the Law Ministry in this regard.
The Ministry is likely to seek the opinion of the Law Ministry on how it should go about the maintenance of Tatra trucks as supply of all-terrain vehicles from the UK-based company has been put on hold because of a CBI probe into alleged irregularities in their purchase, sources told a news agency.
After getting the view of the Law Ministry, a final decision on the issue may be taken by the Ministry`s Defence Acquisition Council, they said here.
- Uttarakhand Speaker rejects disqualification of rebel BJP MLA
- US says Iraq's PM in ''strong position'' amid political unrest
- US Navy chief hopes for `normalization` with Russia in Baltic
- Turkey says Gaziantep attacker linked to IS
- US Presidential polls: Donald Trump looks to smother Ted Cruz as Indiana votes today