Problems can be solved through unity among nations: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said India has always been in favour of unity among nations and there was no better way than various countries sitting together and solving their problems amicably.
As a member of United Nations, India has always made efforts to achieve social objectives and create a peaceful atmosphere, Akhilesh said while addressing the 13th international conference of Chief Justices organised by City Montessori School.
The event would promote unity and brotherhood among various countries, he said while appreciating the efforts of CMS founder Jagdish Gandhi.
The programme organised by the institute would benefit the society and the country and give international recognition to UP, he added.
On the occasion, Legislative Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey quoting Dr Ram Manohar Lohia said a world parliament was necessary for world peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video