Problems can be solved through unity among nations: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said India has always been in favour of unity among nations and there was no better way than various countries sitting together and solving their problems amicably.
As a member of United Nations, India has always made efforts to achieve social objectives and create a peaceful atmosphere, Akhilesh said while addressing the 13th international conference of Chief Justices organised by City Montessori School.
The event would promote unity and brotherhood among various countries, he said while appreciating the efforts of CMS founder Jagdish Gandhi.
The programme organised by the institute would benefit the society and the country and give international recognition to UP, he added.
On the occasion, Legislative Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey quoting Dr Ram Manohar Lohia said a world parliament was necessary for world peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him