Procedures in place to check defence deal irregularities: Antony
New Delhi: Well defined procedures are in place to check irregularities in defence deals and no ministry official has been found guilty of corruption, Defence Minister AK Antony said on Wednesday.
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha, Antony said there have been allegations of irregularities in certain defence procurements like VVIP helicopters for the Air Force, reconnaissance and surveillance helicopters for the Army, Tatra trucks for the Army and award of contract by Ordnance Factory Board, Kolkata.
The minister said whenever such allegations surface, they are examined and wherever necessary, the case is referred to the appropriate agency for further investigation and suitable action is taken against those found guilty.
He, however, said: "No official of the ministry has been found guilty during the said period."
"Well defined procedures with adequate checks and balances are prescribed in defence procurement procedures for capital procurement and in defence procurement manual for revenue procurement," he said.
He added that the existing procedures include various provisions such as collegiate approvals at different stages, the oversight mechanism, standard clauses of contract, signing of pre-contract integrity pact, to ensure the process conforms to the highest standards of transparency, probity and public accountability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- India is 7th wealthiest country in the world, ahead of Canada, Australia and Italy
- SHOCKING! Heads of Moroccan Islamist movement caught having sex on the beach
- Saturn's moon Dione reveals its contrasting features to NASA's Cassini! - See pic
- Divine coincidence! After 5000 years, this 'shubh muhurat' occurs again on Krishna Janmashtami this year—FIND OUT
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Kashmir on Wednesday