Production of good weapons, timely delivery important: President
New Delhi: Producing quality weapons and ensuring their timely delivery to armed forces should be the hallmark of country`s Ordnance factories, President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday said while addressing young officers of Ordnance services.
A group of 41 probationers of the Indian Ordnance Factories Service (2013 batch) called on the President at Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
"Speaking on the occasion, the President stated that the nature of duties which the officers of the Indian Ordinance Factories Service are required to perform involve tremendous responsibility. He said that they should never forget that for every failed bullet, or weapon, there is the life of a soldier at stake who is performing his call of duty for the safety and integrity of the country," a statement from the Rashtrapati Bhavan said quoting the President.
Mukherjee said that the work of these production houses was "not about producing arms and ammunitions only, it is about giving quality products, ensuring timely deliveries and strengthening hands of our armed forces, paramilitary forces and police forces."
The President also said that the officers should "continuously upgrade their skills in terms of developing, producing and upgrading the weapon systems" adding that maintaining quality in this task was of utmost importance.
"The President quoted Confucius and said,"What I hear, I forget. What I see, I remember. What I do, I understand."
"He wished the probationary officers all success in the future, as on their success depends the success of our defence capabilities," the statement said.
The probationers, undergoing training at the National Academy of Defence Production in Nagpur are presently in the national capital to attend a three-day training on Parliamentary Procedures and Practices at the Lok Sabha Secretariat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city