Prohibitory orders around Ramlila Ground
New Delhi: The government on Sunday banned any gathering around Ramlila Ground, the sprawling venue for Baba Ramdev`s anti-corruption protest that was broken up by police in a midnight crackdown.
Delhi Police said Section 144 -- which prohibits assembly of five or more people and holding of public meetings -- has been imposed around the area.
Ramdev had booked the ground for nearly a month for his hunger strike against corruption and black money stashed by Indians in foreign banks. But in less than 24 hours after he launched the high profile protest, police shortly after Saturday midnight swooped down on the area and took the yoga guru out of the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets