Prohibitory orders around Ramlila Ground
New Delhi: The government on Sunday banned any gathering around Ramlila Ground, the sprawling venue for Baba Ramdev`s anti-corruption protest that was broken up by police in a midnight crackdown.
Delhi Police said Section 144 -- which prohibits assembly of five or more people and holding of public meetings -- has been imposed around the area.
Ramdev had booked the ground for nearly a month for his hunger strike against corruption and black money stashed by Indians in foreign banks. But in less than 24 hours after he launched the high profile protest, police shortly after Saturday midnight swooped down on the area and took the yoga guru out of the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?