Prohibitory orders around Ramlila Ground
New Delhi: The government on Sunday banned any gathering around Ramlila Ground, the sprawling venue for Baba Ramdev`s anti-corruption protest that was broken up by police in a midnight crackdown.
Delhi Police said Section 144 -- which prohibits assembly of five or more people and holding of public meetings -- has been imposed around the area.
Ramdev had booked the ground for nearly a month for his hunger strike against corruption and black money stashed by Indians in foreign banks. But in less than 24 hours after he launched the high profile protest, police shortly after Saturday midnight swooped down on the area and took the yoga guru out of the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened