Prohibitory orders imposed at Hazare protest venue
New Delhi: Acting tough, police tonight
imposed prohibitory orders in some central Delhi localities,
including Jai Prakash Narain Park, the venue of Anna Hazare`s
fast in protest against the official Lokpal Bill.
Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said Section 144
of CrPC has been imposed in some areas of Daryaganj and IP
police stations, which include Jai Prakash Narain Park and
The areas where prohibitory orders are imposed include
Shantivan to Rajghat, Rajghat to Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Aruna
Asaf Ali Marg to JLN Marg, Delhi Gate to Tilak Marg on
Bahadurshah Zafar Marg.
The orders came following police denying permission to
Hazare to hold the protest at the park after organisers
refused to give an undertaking restricting the number of
protest days to three and protestors to 5,000.
A large contingent of police, including women personnel,
around Jai Prakash Narain Park to ensure that no untoward
incident take place.
Meanwhile, Delhi Police sought the services of two
magistrates from Delhi government.
Sources said Delhi Police have requested Principal
Secretary (Home) of the city government to provide them with
two magistrates whose services might be required to handle the
law and order situation during the proposed protest.
Top officials also reviewed the situation at Police
Union Home Secretary R K Singh held a meeting with Delhi
Police Commissioner B K Gupta and other senior officials at
the Police Headquarters here to take stock of the measures
taken by the force to tackle any untoward situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!