Prohibitory orders imposed at Hazare protest venue
New Delhi: Acting tough, police tonight
imposed prohibitory orders in some central Delhi localities,
including Jai Prakash Narain Park, the venue of Anna Hazare`s
fast in protest against the official Lokpal Bill.
Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said Section 144
of CrPC has been imposed in some areas of Daryaganj and IP
police stations, which include Jai Prakash Narain Park and
The areas where prohibitory orders are imposed include
Shantivan to Rajghat, Rajghat to Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Aruna
Asaf Ali Marg to JLN Marg, Delhi Gate to Tilak Marg on
Bahadurshah Zafar Marg.
The orders came following police denying permission to
Hazare to hold the protest at the park after organisers
refused to give an undertaking restricting the number of
protest days to three and protestors to 5,000.
A large contingent of police, including women personnel,
around Jai Prakash Narain Park to ensure that no untoward
incident take place.
Meanwhile, Delhi Police sought the services of two
magistrates from Delhi government.
Sources said Delhi Police have requested Principal
Secretary (Home) of the city government to provide them with
two magistrates whose services might be required to handle the
law and order situation during the proposed protest.
Top officials also reviewed the situation at Police
Union Home Secretary R K Singh held a meeting with Delhi
Police Commissioner B K Gupta and other senior officials at
the Police Headquarters here to take stock of the measures
taken by the force to tackle any untoward situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’