Projecting Advani as PM candidate was a blunder: RSS ideologue
New Delhi: Projecting L K Advani as Prime
Ministerial candidate and making him the focus of the campaign
was a political blunder, RSS mouthpiece `Panchjanya` has said
in an article in its latest issue.
In his article, RSS ideologue Devendra Swaroop has
said Congress cashed in on the blunder made by BJP by playing
up Advani`s age, ignoring his long political experience, and
projecting its campaign on lines of "old versus young".
The Congress, which had used Manmohan Singh tactically
against Advani, intelligently placed Sonia Gandhi and Rahul on
a high moral pedestal by keeping them out of the Prime
The writer was also critical of the manner in which
Advani had got his autobiography translated in different
languages and launched them with great fanfare which gave the
impression that he was portraying himself as one sculpting the
destiny of Indian politics.
"But, they (BJP leaders) had forgotten that all this will
boomerang and the RSS cadre would not be able to forget his
pro-Jinnah image," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list