Projecting Advani as PM candidate was a blunder: RSS ideologue
New Delhi: Projecting L K Advani as Prime
Ministerial candidate and making him the focus of the campaign
was a political blunder, RSS mouthpiece `Panchjanya` has said
in an article in its latest issue.
In his article, RSS ideologue Devendra Swaroop has
said Congress cashed in on the blunder made by BJP by playing
up Advani`s age, ignoring his long political experience, and
projecting its campaign on lines of "old versus young".
The Congress, which had used Manmohan Singh tactically
against Advani, intelligently placed Sonia Gandhi and Rahul on
a high moral pedestal by keeping them out of the Prime
The writer was also critical of the manner in which
Advani had got his autobiography translated in different
languages and launched them with great fanfare which gave the
impression that he was portraying himself as one sculpting the
destiny of Indian politics.
"But, they (BJP leaders) had forgotten that all this will
boomerang and the RSS cadre would not be able to forget his
pro-Jinnah image," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP