Projecting Advani as PM candidate was a blunder: RSS ideologue
New Delhi: Projecting L K Advani as Prime
Ministerial candidate and making him the focus of the campaign
was a political blunder, RSS mouthpiece `Panchjanya` has said
in an article in its latest issue.
In his article, RSS ideologue Devendra Swaroop has
said Congress cashed in on the blunder made by BJP by playing
up Advani`s age, ignoring his long political experience, and
projecting its campaign on lines of "old versus young".
The Congress, which had used Manmohan Singh tactically
against Advani, intelligently placed Sonia Gandhi and Rahul on
a high moral pedestal by keeping them out of the Prime
The writer was also critical of the manner in which
Advani had got his autobiography translated in different
languages and launched them with great fanfare which gave the
impression that he was portraying himself as one sculpting the
destiny of Indian politics.
"But, they (BJP leaders) had forgotten that all this will
boomerang and the RSS cadre would not be able to forget his
pro-Jinnah image," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez