Projecting Advani as PM candidate was a blunder: RSS ideologue
New Delhi: Projecting L K Advani as Prime
Ministerial candidate and making him the focus of the campaign
was a political blunder, RSS mouthpiece `Panchjanya` has said
in an article in its latest issue.
In his article, RSS ideologue Devendra Swaroop has
said Congress cashed in on the blunder made by BJP by playing
up Advani`s age, ignoring his long political experience, and
projecting its campaign on lines of "old versus young".
The Congress, which had used Manmohan Singh tactically
against Advani, intelligently placed Sonia Gandhi and Rahul on
a high moral pedestal by keeping them out of the Prime
The writer was also critical of the manner in which
Advani had got his autobiography translated in different
languages and launched them with great fanfare which gave the
impression that he was portraying himself as one sculpting the
destiny of Indian politics.
"But, they (BJP leaders) had forgotten that all this will
boomerang and the RSS cadre would not be able to forget his
pro-Jinnah image," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'