Prometric to release online `practice test` for CAT
New Delhi: To familiarise CAT aspirants with
the online format of the examination, Prometric, entrusted
with the task of conducting it, will soon be releasing a
`practice test` paper.
The `practice test` has been designed to provide a
comprehensive overview of what to expect on the day of the
examination for admissions to Indian Institutes of Management.
"The practice test will be available on www.catiim.in
in about a couple of weeks to familiarise candidates with the
navigation and functionality of the CAT," managing director of
Prometric India Soumitra Roy said today.
There will be a tutorial followed by 12 sample questions
in the practice test and the candidates can take it as many
times they wish.
The sample questions in the practice test would, however,
not be representative of the content or difficulty level of
the actual test, he said.
"We came across several candidates last year who had some
difficulty in handling the online mode of the CAT test due to
lack of exposure," he said while highlighting the need for the
practice test. He said the practice test has been designed
with relevant inputs from the IIMs.
The tutorial will explain features like navigation around
the screen, question number, on-screen timer, next button,
previous button, mark button, review button and quit test
The CAT 2010 online test will be conducted in a staggered
format starting from October 27 and ending on November 24. The
last date for registration for the test is September 30.
Assuring that CAT 2010 will be free of glitches and
problems that had been encountered last year, Roy said they
have even ensured back-ups in case of any hitch.
CAT 2009, held for the first time under the online
format, was marred by technical glitches leading to the
rescheduling of the examinations.
Roy said they are preparing 147 labs across 78 centres
to conduct the CAT test. "The guarantee is that we will test
the candidates within the testing window period," he said.
He said a set of videos have been also uploaded in
youtube for the benefit of candidates. The videos contain
registration and scheduling, test day procedure, test format
and CAT scoring process among others.
He said they are halfway through the registration process
and it has been "absolutely flawless" so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared