`Promising leads` in Mumbai, Delhi blasts: PC

Last Updated: Saturday, October 1, 2011 - 00:24

New Delhi: There are "promising leads" in
the investigations into the cases of bomb blasts that rocked
Mumbai and Delhi in a span of less than two months but no one
has been "confirmed" as accused yet, Home Minister P
Chidambaram said here on Friday.
Asked about a possible breakthrough in either of two
blast cases, the Home Minister said, "Well that depends on
what you call a breakthrough.

"If you are asking are there any promising leads, the
answer is yes. If you are asking whether any one has been
confirmed to be an accused, the answer is no, not yet,"
Chdiambaram told reporters here.

Referring to the September 7 blast outside the Delhi
High Court which left 15 people dead and scores injured, he
said, "Having regard to the gravity of the offence, the Centre
decided to entrust the investigation of the case to the NIA."
The July 13 blasts at three places in Mumbai left
24 people dead. While there were no arrests in the Mumbai
blast cases, in Delhi the investigators have arrested two
persons for sending email after the blast.

Asked whether any fresh alerts had been issued in view of
forthcoming festival season, Chidambaram said that states like
Gujarat and West Bengal have been advised to maintain a tight
vigil.

PTI



First Published: Friday, September 30, 2011 - 19:40

comments powered by Disqus