Promote growth of Hinduism, says Malaysian NGO
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia Hindu Sangam, an NGO, has asked the government to promote the growth of Hinduism, a media report said Tuesday.
Mohan Shan, who heads the NGO, said a memorandum on the matter had been submitted to the government, reported Makkal Osai, a Tamil newspaper.
The government, he said, had given grants for the development of temples but more funds were needed to set up kindergartens, and religious and moral classes.
Malaysia is home to over 1.7 million ethnic Indians, a bulk of them Tamil Hindus, who constitute seven percent of the multi-racial 28 million population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened