Promote growth of Hinduism, says Malaysian NGO
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia Hindu Sangam, an NGO, has asked the government to promote the growth of Hinduism, a media report said Tuesday.
Mohan Shan, who heads the NGO, said a memorandum on the matter had been submitted to the government, reported Makkal Osai, a Tamil newspaper.
The government, he said, had given grants for the development of temples but more funds were needed to set up kindergartens, and religious and moral classes.
Malaysia is home to over 1.7 million ethnic Indians, a bulk of them Tamil Hindus, who constitute seven percent of the multi-racial 28 million population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you