Promote growth of Hinduism, says Malaysian NGO
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia Hindu Sangam, an NGO, has asked the government to promote the growth of Hinduism, a media report said Tuesday.
Mohan Shan, who heads the NGO, said a memorandum on the matter had been submitted to the government, reported Makkal Osai, a Tamil newspaper.
The government, he said, had given grants for the development of temples but more funds were needed to set up kindergartens, and religious and moral classes.
Malaysia is home to over 1.7 million ethnic Indians, a bulk of them Tamil Hindus, who constitute seven percent of the multi-racial 28 million population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway