‘Proof collected by Pak panel had evidential value`
New Delhi: Upset over the ruling of a Pakistani court on the 26/11 case, India Tuesday said evidence collected by a Pakistani judicial commission here had evidential value to punish those involved in the worst ever terrorist attack in the country.
"Our belief is that the evidence collected by the commission is of evidential value," Home Secretary RK Singh told reporters here.
He was reacting to the ruling of a Rawalpindi court today which said all findings of a judicial commission that visited India were illegal and could not be made part of the evidence against the 26/11 accused.
The Pakistani court is hearing the terror case against seven 26/11 accused, including Lashkar-e-Toiba commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi.
Singh said New Delhi was aware of the ruling of the Pakistani court and would seek a copy of it from the authorities there through Indian High Commission in Islamabad.
"After we go through the judgement we will discuss with the Pakistan government as to what they propose to do about it," he said.
In a setback to the prosecution of seven suspects charged with involvement in the 2008 Mumbai attacks, judge of the Rawalpindi based anti-terrorism court no. 1, Chaudhry Habib-ur -Rehman said in an order that all the proceedings and the report of the Pakistani judicial commission that visited Mumbai in March were "illegal".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'