`Proof of terror camps being run on Indian soil`
New Delhi: The government has found evidence that terrorist camps were being run on Indian soil by banned SIMI and "right wing majoritarian groups", Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
"In two cases investigated by NIA, evidence has come that training camps were organised by Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) and right wing majoritarian groups or their cadres," Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said in reply to a written question.
Singh said NIA has arrested 33 accused belonging to SIMI and 26 accused belonging to majoritarian groups and charge sheet in these cases have been laid in the concerned courts.
"Further, government is committee to thwart any evil design/plan of terrorists or terror groups/outfits to carry out attacks in any part of the country in all forms or manifestations, as no cause can justify terror attacks," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'