`Proof of terror camps being run on Indian soil`
New Delhi: The government has found evidence that terrorist camps were being run on Indian soil by banned SIMI and "right wing majoritarian groups", Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
"In two cases investigated by NIA, evidence has come that training camps were organised by Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) and right wing majoritarian groups or their cadres," Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said in reply to a written question.
Singh said NIA has arrested 33 accused belonging to SIMI and 26 accused belonging to majoritarian groups and charge sheet in these cases have been laid in the concerned courts.
"Further, government is committee to thwart any evil design/plan of terrorists or terror groups/outfits to carry out attacks in any part of the country in all forms or manifestations, as no cause can justify terror attacks," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs