Prophet issue: HRD Min asks ICSE for status report
New Delhi: The HRD Ministry is believed
to have asked ICSE Board for a status report about the
publication of a portrait of Prophet Muhammad in a Class IV
Making portrait of Paigambar is not allowed in Islam.
Several Muslim organisations have objected to the
publication of the portrait.
According to sources, though ICSE is an independent
body, the Ministry has asked it for a report keeping in mind
the sensitivity surrounding the issue.
The Ministry would contemplate further action only
after it gets a reply from the Board, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand