Prophet issue: HRD Min asks ICSE for status report
New Delhi: The HRD Ministry is believed
to have asked ICSE Board for a status report about the
publication of a portrait of Prophet Muhammad in a Class IV
Making portrait of Paigambar is not allowed in Islam.
Several Muslim organisations have objected to the
publication of the portrait.
According to sources, though ICSE is an independent
body, the Ministry has asked it for a report keeping in mind
the sensitivity surrounding the issue.
The Ministry would contemplate further action only
after it gets a reply from the Board, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter