Prophet issue: HRD Min asks ICSE for status report
New Delhi: The HRD Ministry is believed
to have asked ICSE Board for a status report about the
publication of a portrait of Prophet Muhammad in a Class IV
Making portrait of Paigambar is not allowed in Islam.
Several Muslim organisations have objected to the
publication of the portrait.
According to sources, though ICSE is an independent
body, the Ministry has asked it for a report keeping in mind
the sensitivity surrounding the issue.
The Ministry would contemplate further action only
after it gets a reply from the Board, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye