Prophet issue: HRD Min asks ICSE for status report
New Delhi: The HRD Ministry is believed
to have asked ICSE Board for a status report about the
publication of a portrait of Prophet Muhammad in a Class IV
Making portrait of Paigambar is not allowed in Islam.
Several Muslim organisations have objected to the
publication of the portrait.
According to sources, though ICSE is an independent
body, the Ministry has asked it for a report keeping in mind
the sensitivity surrounding the issue.
The Ministry would contemplate further action only
after it gets a reply from the Board, they said.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Salman Khan, says actor will bring in visibility to Rio Olympics as Indian contingent's Goodwill Ambassador
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report