Prophet issue: HRD Min asks ICSE for status report
New Delhi: The HRD Ministry is believed
to have asked ICSE Board for a status report about the
publication of a portrait of Prophet Muhammad in a Class IV
Making portrait of Paigambar is not allowed in Islam.
Several Muslim organisations have objected to the
publication of the portrait.
According to sources, though ICSE is an independent
body, the Ministry has asked it for a report keeping in mind
the sensitivity surrounding the issue.
The Ministry would contemplate further action only
after it gets a reply from the Board, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- India tour of West Indies 2016: It was a complete performance, says Virat Kohli after comprehensive win
- Vietnam warns South China Sea is a `test` of ASEAN
- China telecom giant Huawei first half revenue up 40%
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Tour de France 2016: After third title, Chris Froome focuses on Rio Olympics 2016