Proposals of states approved under new education scheme
New Delhi: A newly launched scheme which seeks
to improve the quality of secondary education in the country
and check drop-out rate is set to be implemented in 27 states
with the government approving their proposals involving an
outlay of Rs 2,900 crore for this year.
The proposals, cleared by the approval board for Rashtriya
Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA), involve setting up of new
secondary schools and appointment of teachers, HRD Ministry
sources said today.
The scheme will also provide grants to existing secondary
schools for improvement of libraries and labs, sources said.
Launched last year, the scheme also aims at achieving a
general enrolment target of 75 per cent for classes IX-X
within five years from the existing 52.26 per cent by
providing secondary school within a reasonable distance of
It involves an expenditure of Rs 20,000 crore during the
After Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, the RMSA is considered to be a
major programme for secondary education.
The World Bank has proposed to provide assistance USD 500
million for this project. The proposal is under consideration
of the government, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview