Prostitution should be legalised: Priya Dutt
Indore: Stating that commercial sex
workers too are a part of the society, Congress M P Priya Dutt
on Tuesday said their profession should be legalised.
"I feel that prostitution should be granted a legal
status so that the livelihood of sex workers is not affected,"
the Congress MP said at an interaction with media at the
Indore pres press club.
"They are a part of the society, we can not ignore
their rights," she said.
Priya also said that prostitution is known as the
oldest profession in the world and it has to face exploitation
by society, police and sometimes even by the media.
On the issue of suicides of farmers she said that
since failure to repay loans was the biggest cause, the
government should make policies to facilitate loans at low
Talking about rising prices, she said even she was
affected as a housewife, but the central government was making
efforts to bring the inflation down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list