Protest at Jantar Mantar over CSAT row
New Delhi: Intensifying their protest against CSAT paper in the UPSC examinations, scores of civil services aspirants staged a demonstration at Jantar Mantar here this afternoon.
Some students from Jawaharlal Nehru University and Delhi University also participated in the protest, which lasted for an hour.
The protesters expressed their anger over "police attack" on them last night in Nehru Vihar area of north Delhi.
They raised slogans against the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and the central government, and demanded that the Civil Services Aptitude Test paper be removed.
"The government has been constantly trying to suppress the movement, we condemn such attacks on us," Om, a protester, said.
The protesters also demanded that the dates for the UPSC examinations should be postponed and the government should talk to the UPSC and revoke the CSAT paper.
"We are not running away from English instead we are fighting for those students who live in the villages of India" said one of the members of JNU students` union.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened