Protest MNS style: Buy car to set it on fire!
Mumbai: When it relates to Raj Thackeray and his Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) expect the unexpected. It is now known that the ‘spontaneous’ clash between MNS and NCP workers after Raj Thackeray’s car was stoned in Ahmednagar for his criticism of NCP leader Ajit Pawar was not as intense and spontaneous as it was made out to be.
As per an FIR filed by the Mumbai Police over-zealous MNS workers, in a bid - eureka moment - to please their boss, bought a Maruti 800 car from a second-hand car dealer for Rs 35,000 and set in on fire on the busy LBS Marg in Kurla in Mumbai.
The visuals of the car going up in flames were aired by news channels, and had triggered tension in the city and large parts of the state.
The MNS activists behind the ‘show of anger’ have been arrested and booked for rioting and disturbing peace under relevant sections of Indian Penal Code.
Suspected NCP workers had hurled stones at Thackeray`s convoy at Bhingar in Ahmednagar and waved black flags but nobody was injured.
NCP activists were furious at Thackeray`s criticism of Ajit Pawar, nephew of party supremo Sharad Pawar, whom the MNS leader blamed for the severe drought in several parts of the state.
Thackeray had at a public meeting in Solapur recently attacked Pawar, who headed the water resources ministry between 1999 and 2009, for allegedly having failed to check water scarcity despite huge spending on irrigation projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert