Protest outside 7 RCR was manifestation of people`s anger: Anna
New Delhi: Anna Hazare on Sunday said the protest outside the Prime Minister`s residence was a result of people`s anger, but the anti-graft crusader disapproved of defacement of walls there.
"How long people will tolerate? But if something like this (defacement of walls) has happened, I apologise for that. The slogans (written on walls) were inappropriate. We should think before taking any such step as people are watching our agitation," he told reporters.
Scores of Team Anna supporters yesterday protested outside the 7, Race Course Road residence of the Prime Minister and threw coal pieces into the premises besides defacing walls.
In a letter to Team Anna, police said around 100 supporters had protested outside the Prime Minister`s residence, staged a snap demonstration and threw water bottles, lumps of coal, currency notes and coins inside the premises.
"They were very aggressive and was removed from there only after great difficulty," the letter said requesting Team Anna members not to make any provocative speeches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read