Protest outside 7 RCR was manifestation of people`s anger: Anna
New Delhi: Anna Hazare on Sunday said the protest outside the Prime Minister`s residence was a result of people`s anger, but the anti-graft crusader disapproved of defacement of walls there.
"How long people will tolerate? But if something like this (defacement of walls) has happened, I apologise for that. The slogans (written on walls) were inappropriate. We should think before taking any such step as people are watching our agitation," he told reporters.
Scores of Team Anna supporters yesterday protested outside the 7, Race Course Road residence of the Prime Minister and threw coal pieces into the premises besides defacing walls.
In a letter to Team Anna, police said around 100 supporters had protested outside the Prime Minister`s residence, staged a snap demonstration and threw water bottles, lumps of coal, currency notes and coins inside the premises.
"They were very aggressive and was removed from there only after great difficulty," the letter said requesting Team Anna members not to make any provocative speeches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!