Protest outside 7 RCR was manifestation of people`s anger: Anna
New Delhi: Anna Hazare on Sunday said the protest outside the Prime Minister`s residence was a result of people`s anger, but the anti-graft crusader disapproved of defacement of walls there.
"How long people will tolerate? But if something like this (defacement of walls) has happened, I apologise for that. The slogans (written on walls) were inappropriate. We should think before taking any such step as people are watching our agitation," he told reporters.
Scores of Team Anna supporters yesterday protested outside the 7, Race Course Road residence of the Prime Minister and threw coal pieces into the premises besides defacing walls.
In a letter to Team Anna, police said around 100 supporters had protested outside the Prime Minister`s residence, staged a snap demonstration and threw water bottles, lumps of coal, currency notes and coins inside the premises.
"They were very aggressive and was removed from there only after great difficulty," the letter said requesting Team Anna members not to make any provocative speeches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred