Protest outside Advani`s residence: Congress fishes in BJP`s troubled waters
New Delhi: Taking potshots at the BJP over the apparent rift on a larger role for Narendra Modi, Congress on Saturday wondered whether RSS can provide any treatment for `Namonitis`, an obvious reference to senior leaders like L K Advani skipping the party meet in Goa on health grounds.
The party also warned that the protests outside Advani`s residence in support of Modi were clear indicators of the shape of things to come if the Gujarat Chief Minister was asked to spearhead the party at the national level.
"Today what is happening outside Advani`s residence should frighten all of us. If a man who is virtually the architect of that political party is now faced with that kind of rowdyism, then the nation stands warned that what is going to come to them. That terrifies us," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters here.
As 85-year-old Advani chose to skip BJP`s National Executive meet in Goa, a group of Modi supporters staged a protest outside his 30-Prithviraj Road residence in Delhi for "opposing" greater role for the Gujarat Chief Minister.
She said, "The country has seen the trailer. The full movie is yet to be seen. Senior most leaders are being treated in this manner. The nation remembers these things."
Taking a dig at BJP over absence of key leaders at the party`s Goa conclave where a larger role for Modi is expected to be decided, she had said yesterday, "Namonitis virus is spreading in Goa."
Modi is known as "Namo" among his supporters.
Party general secretary Digvijay Singh today tweeted, "Full marks to Renuka. BJP suffering from NAMONITIS !! Any one from the SANGH who can treat this disease ?"
To a question whether Congress also has apprehensions from Namonitis, Chowdhary remarked, "We are teflon coated."
BJP leader Yaswhant Sinha said, "I don`t have `NaMonia`. I am in perfect health. But there could be other reasons for not going to Goa because of which I have not gone there."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'