Protest outside former SC judge Justice Ganguly`s office
Kolkata: A group of activists on Monday protested outside the office of former SC judge Justice AK Ganguly, accused of sexually harassing an intern, and demanded his arrest as well as resignation from the post of chairman of West Bengal Human Rights Commission.
The activists, under the banner of `Bharat Bachao Sangathan`, staged a silent protest outside Bhabani Bhavan with banners reading `Jurisprudence calls for arrest of Mr Ashok Ganguly`.
They also submitted a letter to his office, saying that since he has been accused in the case and a three-member committee is looking into it, Ganguly should resign from the post to ensure a free and fair trial.
They also submitted a letter to Governor MK Narayanan, requesting him to ask Ganguly to step down from the post.
Denying allegations of the intern, Ganguly has so far declined to say whether he would resign as WBHRC chief.
Trinamool Congress leaders had also demanded that Ganguly should step down from the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!