Protesters outside court seek death penalty for Tunda
New Delhi: The first appearance of top LeT bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda in a Delhi court on tuesday saw a group of protesters shouting slogans in the premises, demanding death penalty for him.
Tunda, touted as a prized catch by security agencies, was earlier produced at a judge`s residence and consequently, did not face the public and the media.
He was also assaulted by one of the protesters.
Tunda, wearing a white Pathan suit and a skull cap, was brought inside the court complex in a police jeep escorted by four vehicles. The moment he stepped out, a person, claiming to be a member of `Hindu Sena`, started shouting slogans.
The protester was seeking death penalty for Tunda on the ground that he has been involved in anti-India activities.
The police immediately detained the protester, who later identified himself as Vishnu Gupta and claimed to be the president of the `Hindu Sena`.
However, Shiv Kumar Raghav, who was sitting outside the court room, tried to attack Tunda. He first tried to kick him and then slap him but as he was overpowered by police personnel, he hit Tunda on his back.
Raghav, a resident of Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh and Gupta, who resides in Delhi, were detained and taken to Tilak Marg police station then.Both were seen shouting slogans when they were taken to the police station. They also said that around 20-30 people have already been detained in the morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video