Protesters outside court seek death penalty for Tunda
New Delhi: The first appearance of top LeT bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda in a Delhi court on tuesday saw a group of protesters shouting slogans in the premises, demanding death penalty for him.
Tunda, touted as a prized catch by security agencies, was earlier produced at a judge`s residence and consequently, did not face the public and the media.
He was also assaulted by one of the protesters.
Tunda, wearing a white Pathan suit and a skull cap, was brought inside the court complex in a police jeep escorted by four vehicles. The moment he stepped out, a person, claiming to be a member of `Hindu Sena`, started shouting slogans.
The protester was seeking death penalty for Tunda on the ground that he has been involved in anti-India activities.
The police immediately detained the protester, who later identified himself as Vishnu Gupta and claimed to be the president of the `Hindu Sena`.
However, Shiv Kumar Raghav, who was sitting outside the court room, tried to attack Tunda. He first tried to kick him and then slap him but as he was overpowered by police personnel, he hit Tunda on his back.
Raghav, a resident of Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh and Gupta, who resides in Delhi, were detained and taken to Tilak Marg police station then.Both were seen shouting slogans when they were taken to the police station. They also said that around 20-30 people have already been detained in the morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH