Protests in J&K over Sarabjit Singh attack, Chinese incursion
Jammu: Protests condemning attack on Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani jail and Chinese incursion in Ladakh region were held in the city on Saturday.
Activists of Hurriyat Conference of Jammu (HCoJ), floated recently to advocate nationalism and strengthen nationalist forces in Jammu, took to the streets to protest the attack on Sarabjit in a jail in Lahore.
Hitting out at Pakistan for its failure to protect Indian prisoners in its jails, the agitators led by HCoJ chairman Chetan Sharma burnt an effigy representing the Pakistani government and demanded action against those responsible for the attack.
They said India should send a team of doctors to Pakistan to assist in Sarabjit`s treatment.
Meanwhile, Jammu West Assembly Movement (JWAM) activists led by its president Sunil Dimple held a demonstration in New Plot area demanding that the Centre should take firm measures against the aggressive posturing by Chinese troops which have set up a tented post in Daulat Beg Oldie sector in Ladakh.
"We want the Indian government to act fast to evict the Chinese troops from Ladakh this is a serious issue (but) the government has taken it lightly," Dimple said.
He called upon the Union defence, home and foreign ministers to visit Jammu and Kashmir and assess the situation along the borders, particularly in Ladakh.
Condemning the attack on Sarabjit, Dimple asked the Centre to take up the issue with Pakistan.
"Sarabjit should be released as he is not safe in the Pakistani jail," he said.
Dimple also condemned yesterday`s killing of four police personnel by militants in Sopore area of Baramulla district.
Meanwhile, Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) also held a massive protest over the attack on Sarabjit during which they burnt a Pakistani flag.
Led by BJYM district president Ajay Vaid, protesters shouted anti-Pakistan slogans and demanded severe punishment for those involved in the attack on the Indian prisoner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks