Protests in name of religion a dangerous trend: PC
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram today raised the issue of protests lodged by some people in the name of religion and sect after someone is arrested or detained for questioning and termed such developments as a "cause of worry" and a "dangerous trend".
"What is a cause of worry, however, is that, in practically every case, a small section of the people springs to the support of persons who are detained for interrogation or arrested and charged," he told the meeting of chief ministers on internal security.
Chidambaram said there was no apparent reason for such support other than "the affinity of religion or sect".
"This is a dangerous trend and makes the task of the investigating agencies more difficult. I would, therefore, request you to join me in appealing to the people, and to the media, to observe caution and restraint and place faith in the integrity and impartiality of the investigation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday