Protests over unscheduled landing of GoAir flight in Patna
Patna: A New Delhi-bound GoAir flight from Lucknow made an unscheduled landing at the Jayaprakash Narayan International Airport here Friday morning triggering protests by passengers, airport authorities said.
The flight, landed at Patna at 9 am for accommodating passengers from here to Delhi and was stranded here for more than one and a half hours because of non-clearance from the
Air Traffic Control due to poor visibility, they said.
While some passengers claimed they were asked to disembark and allow the flight to take Haj pilgrims to Delhi, authorities denied the claims.
The passengers, however, lodged protests for the unscheduled landing, as many complained that they had missed their connecting flights to other destinations from Delhi, the sources said.
The flight left for Delhi at around 11.20 am, they said.
They denied that the flight made an emergency landing because of operational reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?