Protests over unscheduled landing of GoAir flight in Patna
Patna: A New Delhi-bound GoAir flight from Lucknow made an unscheduled landing at the Jayaprakash Narayan International Airport here Friday morning triggering protests by passengers, airport authorities said.
The flight, landed at Patna at 9 am for accommodating passengers from here to Delhi and was stranded here for more than one and a half hours because of non-clearance from the
Air Traffic Control due to poor visibility, they said.
While some passengers claimed they were asked to disembark and allow the flight to take Haj pilgrims to Delhi, authorities denied the claims.
The passengers, however, lodged protests for the unscheduled landing, as many complained that they had missed their connecting flights to other destinations from Delhi, the sources said.
The flight left for Delhi at around 11.20 am, they said.
They denied that the flight made an emergency landing because of operational reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- There is a limit to everything, says Kiku Sharda on Tanmay Bhat's controversial video – Details inside
- Talgo trains in India: Know more about train that is high on technology, comfort
- Kerala's Nirbhaya: HC rules out CBI probe in Perumbavoor rape-murder case
- Saudi Arabia denounces Iran over decision to not send Hajj pilgrims this year
- Vaishno Devi pilgrim dies after heart attack