Prove allegations or apologise: Zee News to Aam Aadmi Party
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: India`s première news channel Zee News on Friday challenged the Aam Aadmi Party to prove its allegations against Zee News or else apologise for making irresponsible charges against it and some other media houses.
AAP had alleged a bias in favour of Narendra Modi in news coverage by Zee News, India TV and India News and said they will approach the Election Commission against them.
Times Now is also carrying biased news against AAP, party leaders had said at a press conference.
AAP targeted the media after party founder Arvind Kejriwal faced criticism for accusing the whole of media as having sold itself to Narendra Modi. Kejriwal even threatened to media persons to jail if voted to power.
At the press conference today, AAP spokespersons Sanjay Singh and Ashutosh made weak attempts to defend their leader. They said that Kejriwal only meant that a section of the media is sold.
"Many television channels have been flashing news of Arvind Kejriwal saying that he is in support of Narendra Modi, which was completely absurd. Why do the media follow the instructions of the Bharatiya Janata Party and Modi and create false stories," said Singh.
"There have also been reports of Kejriwal saying that the media should be sent to jail. Media is the fourth estate of the nation. If people raise questions on every other organization in the country, the media should also be answerable if it is found to be faulty," he said.
"Kejriwal has only said that those media channels which have teamed up with a political party to destroy the image of another party should be investigated," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un bans all weddings, funerals ahead of party congress: Report
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court